The Syracuse Ornamental Company (Syroco) Collection contains material relating to the Syracuse plastics manufacturing company. Founded in 1890, Syroco began by making hand carved wooden funerary adornments but became known for their compression molded wood-pulp interior decorations, gift and novelty items of SyrocoWood. In the 1960s the company integrated polymers into their molding process, moving entirely into injection molded plastics production for more modern looking designs. During that era and at the height of the company’s popularity, Lady Syroco came about, marketing home products such as clocks, mirrors, tables and a popular line of lawn and patio furniture. Purchased in 1965 after being owned and operated by three generations of the founder’s family, the company switched hands before closing its doors in 2007. At present the collection consists of annual reports and illustrated product catalogs that span the company’s history.